A Cybersecurity Program is an organization or individual’s must for Data Protection and Privacy. The tool used to secure the network, device, or software from cyberattacks is cybersecurity. It is used to restrict access to unauthorized files, cyber-attacks, and identity theft. The numerous components of cybersecurity include device protection, information security, network security, disaster recovery, organizational security, etc. Become a cybersecurity analyst, enroll in cybersecurity professional training today!
Table of Contents
- Importance of Cybersecurity
- Types of Cybersecurity Tools
- List of Best Cybersecurity tools in 2020
- Final word
Let’s see the most potent cybersecurity software tools of 2020!
Importance of Cybersecurity
Through the analysis carried out by cybersecurity experts, the value of cybersecurity can be understood. The study says there is a 26 percent spike in ransomware, 88 percent of businesses have seen email-based spoofing, and 67 percent of companies have registered an uptick in fraud through impersonation.
The use of public Wi-Fi makes your computer or details more open to attacks. According to cybersecurity professionals, 54 percent of internet users use public Wi-Fi, and 73 percent of individuals know that even though passwords were covered, public Wi-Fi is not safe. All these numbers show that the need for the hour is cybersecurity.
Cyber resilience should be considered when choosing a cybersecurity instrument. Cyber resilience involves making every attempt to avoid the assault and working to minimize the consequences of a successful attack simultaneously. With this feature, it is possible to continue business and email contact without interruption.
Types of Cybersecurity Tools
As listed below, CyberSecurity Software can be classified into various types:
- Network Security Monitoring tools
- Encryption Tools
- Web Vulnerability Scanning tools
- Network Defence Wireless Tools
- Packet Sniffers
- Antivirus Software
- PKI Services
- Managed Detection Services
- Penetration Testing
List of Best Cybersecurity tools in 2020
#1. The SolarWinds Protection Case Controller is a monitoring framework for network and host intrusions. It conducts surveillance, reaction, and reporting of security threats in real-time. It has a highly indexed capability for log checking. It is a modular solution that is cloud-based.
- Intelligence regarding risks can be continuously published.
- It has the Security Details and Event Manager functionality.
- It provides Log Correlation and Log Event Archive functionality.
- A full range of integrated monitoring resources is given.
#2. Intruder is the most common cloud-based vulnerability detector for the network that lets you identify cybersecurity flaws in the most vulnerable systems to prevent expensive data breaches. It’s the perfect approach to the problems with cybersecurity. It tends to save you a great deal of time.
- Over 9,000 flaws in protection.
- Unlimited On-Demand Scans.
- Unlimited Profiles for consumers.
- Tests for web server vulnerabilities such as Cross-site scripting and SQL injection
- Danger Warnings Emerging.
- Smart Recon
- Network view
- Available PCI ASV scans
#3. Bitdefender Total Security offers file shredder functionality, social network protection, privacy firewall, vulnerability evaluation, protected online banking, etc. to provide online privacy and personal information. It offers a full 24 * 7 service. It has anti-phishing and anti-theft features.
- Along with ransomware remediation, Bitdefender Total Security offers multi-layer ransomware defense.
- This provides Network Threat Protection.
- It has features for the full security of real-time data and integrated threat defense.
- It has Network Attack Detection, Anti-Fraud, and Rescue Mode functionality.
#4. Malwarebytes provides both home and corporate cybersecurity strategies. It will guard against malware, ransomware, malicious websites, etc. It will also protect against advanced online threats which the antivirus does not detect. Windows, Linux, Apple, iOS, and Chromebook computers are supported. It provides different products and services for organizations, such as Endpoint defense, incident management, etc. For the education, banking, and healthcare sectors, these technologies are available.
- To safeguard against ransomware, Malwarebytes utilizes anomaly detection, activity matching, and device hardening.
- It will clean up machines that are contaminated.
- Malwarebytes will shut down attack vectors from any angle, regardless of the Windows, Linux, or Android computer you are using.
- With endpoint detection and response for Windows, it can provide multi-layered security.
- In real-time, it can deter attacks.
#5. Mimecast is a cloud-based software that provides you with cyber resilience and email protection. It offers different products and facilities, such as vulnerability security for email security, identity management, network security, cloud archiving, etc.
- Threat Defense Email Encryption protects against spear-phishing, malware, impersonation, and certain other forms of targeted attacks.
- It has automatic access management and data loss protection functionality.
- It offers web protection by blocking unwanted business websites and defending against malicious network behavior & malware initiated by users.
- To safely archive emails, data, and other content, it provides a Cloud Archiving service.
#6. CIS stands for the Center for Internet Security. It offers different instruments, programs, and memberships for cybersecurity. It offers CIS SecureSuite for commercial use. The CIS Security suite will provide CIS and CIS Benchmarks monitors.
- It includes a range of items to protect the organization, such as CIS Controls, CIS-CAT Lite, CIS RAM, CIS CSAT, etc.
- CIS-CAT Lite performs an automatic test.
- The 24*7 Security Operations Center and Incident Management Services are provided.
- It offers CIS-CAT Lite, CIS-CAT Pro, CIS Workbench, CIS RAM, and CIS CSAT equipment.
#7. Snort is a website that is open access. It is a Network Intrusion Protection Program. FreeBSD, Fedora, Centos, and the Windows platform are supported. The job of watching network packets and streaming data to your computer may be carried out.
- Packet review in real-time.
- Packet logging.
- It is an open-source website.
#8. Windows, Mac, Debian, FreeBSD, Solaris, NetBSD, etc. are provided by Wireshark network protocol analyzers. It has a standard three-pane browser for packets. Live capture and offline processing can be done.
- Wireshark conducts a comprehensive inspection of hundreds of networks.
- It offers efficient filtering for displays.
- It can decompress files that are gzip-captured.
- It supports different encryption protocols.
The best software solutions for cybersecurity have been tested, and here are the results: the free cybersecurity software are Wireshark and Snort. With robust spam detection and blocking capabilities, Mimecast offers email protection. Snort is a free real-time packet analysis tool. A cloud-based solution that helps Managed Service Providers to provide an all-in-one solution is the SolarWinds Threat Monitor.