Obtaining the right network security certifications can always help in your career. A network security training course from a reputed source has become a hiring criterion for most companies. In this post, we’ll tell you about top network security certifications.
What is Network Security?
Network Security is the protection of networks from illegal or unauthorized access by hackers. The process involves the protection of the network infrastructure, hardware, operating systems, and more.
Need for Network Security
A lot of our daily actions have become digital. We use the internet to send money, order food, book tickets, purchase clothes and electronics, talk to people, etc. Knowingly or unknowingly we generate so much data that is a gold mine for hackers. With so much at stake, we need skilled professionals with network security certifications.
What is a Network Security Certification?
A network security certification is a form of recognition from the professional certification provider that the person who has completed it has all the desired skills and knowledge related to the network security domain. These certifications are meant for experts who wish to move a level ahead in their careers as well as for beginners who wish to make a career shift.
Top Network Security Certifications
A network security certification that matches your interest can prove to be advantageous in the network security domain. Below is a list of the same.
- CompTIA Security+ – Any person seeking network security training should earn the CompTIA Security+ certification. It is a basic course that is useful for getting knowledge about the fundamentals of network security and can easily and can get you a job in an entry or intermediate level. Professionals with Security+ certification know how to identify threats as well as deal with them if the situation demands.
- CompTIA Network+ – This is another entry-level certification from CompTIA that imparts the learner basic knowledge and skills to keep an organization connected. Best features are:
- Key focus on network security, networks, network maintenance, development, and deployment of networks.
- Perfect for professionals looking for a beginner course
- Certified Ethical Hacker – Ethical hackers are professionals who hack into a network infrastructure with the consent of the organization. Companies hire them to find out the vulnerabilities in their systems and come up with protective measures to reduce the risk of a data breach.
The course provides the learners with hands-on training on the techniques and measures they can implement to get into a system.
- Certified Network Security Engineer – The role of a network security professional revolves around using methods and tools to reduce the chances of cyber-attacks and data breaches so that the network infrastructure is safe and secure.
This course will help the learner to become a professional to become a network security engineer with expertise in network hacking and wireless security. Key features are:
- Lifetime validity of the certification
- An opportunity to connect with like-minded people
- Practical exposure
- Test the gained knowledge regularly with the help of assignments designed by industry experts
- Expertise in Kali Linux, information gathering, network sniffing, and more
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – CISSP is one of the most popular network security certifications for professionals who are at a managerial position or for executives willing to advance further in their careers. Key features include:
- A renowned and internationally recognized network security certification
- A key to open a broad array of career opportunities
- For experienced security professionals
- Needs to be renewed every three years
It might be difficult to decide which certification to opt for. Network security certifications like Network+ are for beginners, CISSP is for experienced professionals, and Certified Network Security Engineer is designed in a way that it focuses on the fundamentals and then moves onto the advanced concepts. Do your research, look for the certification course that interests you, and go for it without having second thoughts.