Amid the global health crisis, the way customers buy goods has fundamentally changed. To be capable of operating during these extraordinary times, the retail industry had to adjust to limited capacity, extensive cleaning, and curbside pickup. But reasonably, the most notable change of all is the shift towards more buying online. AI essentially enables machines to perform tedious tasks so that humans can channel their energy toward smarter and smarter work. AI has enhanced the entire buying and selling experience by adding a personal touch to the way we shop and trade. Companies like Amazon and eBay have made the most of this concept to bring the best results to their business.
AI certificate programs are gaining popularity, and you can find the best artificial intelligence course according to your suitability online.
Learning of the Blog
- Benefits of AI in E-commerce
- How AI can boost online customer experience
In this article, we talk about some crucial areas in E-commerce where AI has helped enhance productivity.
Benefits of AI in E-commerce
Here are a few key benefits that make AI a vital part of e-commerce.
Enhanced Customer Service
Now, consumers seek quick and easy solutions for an improved shopping experience. The introduction of chatbots performs a very crucial role here. They have procured a center stage in marketing strategies by enhancing the customer experience. According to artificial intelligence experts, chatbots will direct 85% of all customer service interactions by 2020. Many e-commerce bigwigs are also experimenting with AI in catalog qualities, product size recommendations, and prevention of fraud orders.
Recommendation Systems For Enhanced User Experience
A recommendation system typically operates like an ingenious salesman- one who is well trained in upselling. E-commerce players make usage of this facility to enhance their sales and enhance user experience. When we shop online, we often arrive across the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ section appearing on the page. This is a seamless means for consumers to discover commodities that they are looking for. All this results in a raised level of customer satisfaction, and this leads to increased sales.
Simplified Product Searches
Most maximum online purchases start with a search, and Artificial Intelligence has made it attainable for buyers to search using images. This feature comes in-built in various smartphone cameras as Google Lens anywhere all you require to do is- point your camera towards a product, and you’ll notice details of the product you were looking for.
Seamless Inventory Management
With thousands of product classifications on e-commerce websites, it becomes a little difficult for businesses to keep an eye on inventory. Artificial Intelligence has changed the way people look at inventory management. Through AI application, companies can keep track of total purchase orders, plan and manage inventory in warehouses, and make sure the company has enough stock- especially when products are in high demand.
Enhanced Cybersecurity of E-commerce Sites
As numerous users have serious questions about their data security when ordering online, cybersecurity in e-commerce is the need of the hour. Artificial Intelligence has dramatically improved security levels across sites by identifying malicious red flags and mitigating the possibilities of fraud activities. This can be prevented by examining user interactions with websites or even by identifying credential stuffing activities.
How AI can boost online customer experience
Online commerce is more significant than ever before. According to COVID-19 Commerce Insight, the sector has grown 146 percent year-over-year since mid-April. While expanding online shopping services to meet rising demand requires the right IT support, artificial intelligence can also play a significant role in making these processes work smoothly. As e-commerce continues to grow, retailers can benefit from AI tools.
- AI-powered solutions like automation and machine learning can help organizations become more efficient while delivering better customer experience online. With more extra online shoppers than ever before, now is the time for retailers to dive in.
- Makeup brands have deployed tools similar to their products, enabling customers to check out the cosmetics without going into a store.
- Retailers have also found they can benefit from having more of their customers on their websites. Organizations can gather information about what shoppers are watching, and how long they are watching. In combination with personal data collected at the point of sale, that can help retailers better segment their customer base and market.
AI can revolutionize the retail sector in several ways, especially when it comes to customer experience.
- Using AI-powered chatbots and similar tools can help businesses store and access customer information, which can be recalled instantly. This can directly individualize the customer experience, while a sales partner may need multiple customer visits to develop that relationship in person.
- Most customers want a quick and trouble-free experience, and here, AI can play a crucial role. Kiosks and retail apps can help clients get immediate answers, freeing employees to focus on other aspects of customer experience. That’s how organizations can ensure that customers never have to wait for answers, even if a member of staff is not available immediately. For many retailers, that is a time of uncertainty. Even for those areas that started reopening, the in-store experience has changed, leaving many customers to opt for online options. Retailers can make the most out of e-commerce by using AI-powered tools like augmented reality, digital assistants, and automation.
Today, AI is being used by various e-commerce players to improve customer experience, be it via conversational chatbots or contextual messaging. The influence of this technology in e-commerce will only grow over time. This will then bring an exponential increase in sales by bridging the gap between personalization and privacy. Armed with more precise knowledge than ever before on your customers’ needs and the most reliable ways to provide them, your business will be set to survive – but thrive – as we enter into a new normal of retail. It’s exciting to see the future of AI in e-commerce, and it will undoubtedly continue to change to how businesses function. Get a career advance by becoming a Certified Artificial Intelligence Expert.