Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that offers a wide range of resources that we can use without buying our hardware and organizing them. It allows for the rapid creation of solutions and provides the tools to complete projects that might not be feasible in an on-site environment. Since its inception in 2012, Microsoft Azure has evolved at a tremendous pace. According to TechCrunch, Microsoft Azure has risen 9 percent in 2016, 11 percent in 2017, 14 percent in 2018, and 16 percent in its market share in the first quarter of 2019. The number of services is also increasing continuously; it currently offers about 600 + services. But, do ai developers need to know all of the Azure services?
Let me help you to work this out in this Azure article.
- What is Microsoft Azure?
- Why is Microsoft Azure used so extensively?
- Microsoft Azure’s features
- Top Azure Services
- Applications of Azure
- Azure Certification
What is Microsoft Azure?
Azure is Microsoft’s flagship cloud service, which is one of the fastest-growing cloud computing systems today. Azure provides computing, database servers, data storage, analytics, networking, content delivery, identity and access control, and even the Internet of Things on a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Why is Microsoft Azure used so extensively?
Azure is rising at a breakneck pace and seeks to close the gap in the cloud domain between itself and AWS, the market leader. There are some discrete features of Azure that make the cloud domain expand so quickly. Below are mentioned some of the top reasons why Azure is so commonly used in the cloud domain, even though it is such a late entrant:
- Azure provides a perfect Service Platform with excellent tools and construction blocks for AI developers.
- In the cloud domain, Azure’s security and data protection functionality is second to none.
- It provides support for .NET programming languages, which is a great benefit.
- It gives an integrated environment for cloud application development, testing, and deployment.
- Azure provides outstanding functionality of the hybrid cloud and simple migration from on-premise to cloud.
- Without hassles, you can learn Azure and set up an Azure cloud infrastructure successfully.
Microsoft Azure’s features
Some of Azure’s top features that compel businesses of all sizes to migrate to the Azure cloud infrastructure are listed here:
- It is possible to use Azure search to embed search features into any custom program.
- The Azure ExpressRoute provides a direct link between your on-site environment and the Azure data center.
- Azure Redis Cache allows for safe, dedicated access to Redis cache.
- Azure Batch helps you to run and execute your apps like an assembly line effortlessly.
- Azure Data Factory lets you work on the on-site or cloud infrastructure seamlessly.
Top Azure Services
Some of the Top Azure services available are listed here:
- Computing: Azure’s computing resources are for virtual machine management and supporting remote applications, containerization, and batch processing.
- Web: Azure’s web services include those used to create and deploy web applications and the search, API management, and content delivery services.
- Storage: For both structured and unstructured data, Azure provides a whole range of flexible cloud storage services. For permanent and archival storage of big data, this support is available.
- Networking: Azure virtual network services are available for setting up dedicated connexions and gateways and pressure balancing, traffic administration, DNS hosting, and network protection.
- Analytics: Azure provides various analytical services, including Big Data Analytics, Real-time Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT, and data warehousing.
- Content Delivery: Azure provides services for content caching, on-demand streaming services, media retrieval, encoding, and globally distributed networks.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): Azure IAM services provide for allowed access to the Azure network, encryption, protection of confidential information, Azure Active Directory, etc.
- Hybrid integration: Azure provides on-premise infrastructure services connected to Azure datacenters, server backup, and recovery services.
Applications of Azure
- Since the step into the cloud is unstoppable, we will see the different Azure applications for artificial intelligence experts in this segment.
- Creation: By promoting code sharing, testing apps, troubleshooting, software development kits, and so on, Azure assists in inefficient software development.
- DevOps: Azure provides a comprehensive range of DevOps implementing tools and resources that include application diagnostics, build test laboratories, experimentation, Visual Studio Team Resources, etc.
- Machine Learning: Azure’s machine learning training includes those used to build efficient AI and cognitive computing models, model training datasets, etc.
- Containerization: Containerization services include implementing Docker’s Azure platform and Kubernetes to build and orchestrate massive volumes of containers.
- Internet of Things: Azure provides several services to collect, track and analyze IoT data originating from sensors and other devices, and then to analyze and control alerts of issues and to facilitate the efficient implementation of the IoT.
- IT Security: This involves detecting and reacting to cloud IT security and handling vulnerable assets and encryption keys.
Microsoft Azure aims to fill the void between the needs of the sector and the available capital. Microsoft offers three main types of Azure Certification, which are:
- Azure Administrator: Those who incorporate, track, and manage solutions for Microsoft Azure, including significant services.
- Azure Developer: Those who design, create, test, and manage cloud applications such as apps and services, collaborate with architects of cloud technologies, cloud DBAs, cloud managers, and customers to introduce them.
- Azure Solution Architect: Those with the device, network, storage, and security experience can develop the solutions running on Azure.
Azure is rapidly rising and is the world’s fastest-growing cloud platform. Since it is a new Microsoft offering, we can expect the business to expand well into the future at an accelerated pace. All this indicates that there will be many work openings in Microsoft Azure for data science developers who are qualified and certified.