Are you considering a career in the Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality domain? Congrats, you have landed on the right page. This article talks about top AR and VR Certifications to help you get a job.
Table of Contents
- Scope of AR and VR
- Best AR and VR Certification Courses for Futuristic Career
- Skills Required to Become an AR/VR Professional
- Concluding Lines: How to Become an AR/VR Expert
Scope of AR and VR
At present, Augmented Reality and Virtual reality are considered some of the most emerging technologies that are likely to change how we live and work in the future. According to a study conducted by Lumus Vision, by 2025, the AR space will reach $5.1 billion in healthcare, $4.7 billion in engineering, and $1.6 billion in retail. IDTechEx forecasts that the market for VR, AR, and Mixed Reality technologies will reach over $30 billion by the year 2030.
According to Glassdoor, The national average salary for a VR Developer is $79,935 in the United States, and the national average salary for an AR Developer is $96,296 in the United States.
If the AR/VR domain interests you, you can check out the best certification courses now!
Best AR and VR Certification Courses for Futuristic Career
Today the concept of Virtual Reality is revolutionizing the gaming world. In-fact the immense potential of Virtual Reality has gone beyond gaming. Virtual reality is the next big thing in areas such as surgery, space exploration, visiting places, shopping, etc.
Certified Augmented Reality Developer
Certified Augmented Reality Developer Certification enables individuals to validate their expertise in Augmented Reality development.
This certification course focuses on the basic concepts of AR, teaches the differences between AR and VR, explains hardware available for AR, assets in AR, solid augmented assets, etc. This course also provides a thorough understanding of the AR environment, its features, and planes and also covers fundamentals of ARCore, AR technical constraints, and much more.
Certified Augmented Reality Expert
This certification course is for all those individuals who want to showcase their skills in the field of AR. The course covers the introduction to AR, Display, Tracing, Interaction, Vision, Visualization, Annotation Modeling, and Labeling, prerequisites of VR, and its use-cases. Certified AR Expert Certification course is specially crafted by experts in AR and covers questions from basic concepts to the very core so that individuals can start a lucrative career as an AR expert.
Certified Virtual Reality Developer
Certified Virtual Reality Developer certification focuses on testing the skills needed to develop world-class Virtual Reality. It focuses on principles of VR, Major VR Platforms, VR prerequisites, Virtual Reality tools, and software installation, introduces Unity Game Engine, and much more. Moreover, this certification also provides a detailed overview of Distributed Virtual Reality.
Certified Virtual Reality Expert
Certified Virtual Reality (VR) Expert Certification enables individuals to validate their expertise in the field of VR. This certification is specially crafted by experts in VR and covers questions from basic concepts to the very core. This course focuses on what is Virtual Reality, its history, challenges, advantages and provides an in-depth knowledge of 3D graphics, mapping, human factors, and much more. It details VR hardware and software, its prerequisites, use-cases, and much more.
Skills Required to Become an AR/VR Professional
- Thoroughly understand the umbrella of XR, i.e., Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mixed Reality.
- Software Development such as Web Development, Mobile App Development, or Game Development is another crucial skill that one must have in order to work in AR/VR space.
- Learn about XR SDKs. Depending upon your app’s feature requirements and present code architecture, select an appropriate SDK and continue with the development. ARCore, ARKit, ARFoundation are some of the SDKs for AR development, whereas SDKSs in VR depend upon the headset that you are going to use for developing your VR experiences.
- Apart from this, if you want to work as a Graphics Engineer, learn more and more about animated 3D Models and environment designs and also get familiar with 3D game engines like Unity and Unreal.
- If you want to get started as an AR/VR Maintenance and Support, learn computer systems maintenance using Unity and other VR systems, learn how to use 3D tools, and how to troubleshoot VR and AR systems.
Concluding Lines: How to Become an AR/VR Expert
AR/VR learning has been made easy, thanks to online platforms. There are several online organizations at present that are offering online training and certification courses in these spaces. One such reputed organization is Global Tech Council that offers numerous certifications specially designed for aspirants intending to make a career in futuristic technologies. Global Tech Council aims at transforming lives and believes in preparing aspirants for the ever-evolving future of work.
If you want to learn AR and VR from scratch, you can enroll in AR/VR certification courses and gain hands-on experience.