Looking for the right data science certification course that suits your requirements? This article is just right for you. We’ve consulted experts from multiple organizations and come up with the best data certification courses in 2020.
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (Coursera)
- Applied Data Science with Python Certification by University of Michigan (Coursera)
- Certified Data Science Developer (Global Tech Council)
- MIT Data Science and Statistics Certificate (edX)
In today’s digital world, data is the new gold; thus, data scientists are in high demand in the IT sector. We produce tons of data every day, and it seems to grow exponentially. At the current market trend, there is a need of almost 5 million data scientists every year.
Some people even think that it’s the best job in the world. So how to move into this field? The answer is simple, go for a data science course and explore the new career opportunities lying ahead. You’ll learn the essential skills that are in high demand, and once you become a data science expert, no one in this world can stop you from getting your dream job.
The list below includes the best online data science courses for beginners, intermediates, and experts.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (Coursera)
This data science certification course is perfect for you if you wish to get a hands-on learning experience. Offered through Coursera, it comprises of 9 courses that focus on multiple topics like basics of data science and machine learning, data analysis and visualization, programming in python, and much more. Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to test your knowledge on a real-world project and then get a certificate from IBM.
Duration: 2-3 months
- Suitable for beginners and for people with limited to no programming knowledge.
- Structured course for better understanding.
- Regular assignments to test your knowledge.
- The course teaches skills that are valued in the industry.
- Learn tools like IBM Watson, Jupyter Notebooks, and Zepplin.
Applied Data Science with Python Certification by University of Michigan (Coursera)
This data science certification is specially designed for mid to senior-level employees who wish to move a step up the ladder. You’ll learn data science through python, thus, some knowledge of python or computer background is desirable.
The course is built by professors of the University of Michigan and mainly focuses on python toolkits, machine learning, data manipulation, information visualization, text analysis, and social network analysis. There are five courses in total – Overview of Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python Language, Applied Machine Learning in Python Language, Applied Text Mining in Python and Applied Social Network Analysis in Python. You’ll need to complete all of them to earn the certification.
Duration: 5 months
- You’ll learn about the role of python in machine learning and data analysis.
- Learn the basics of data mining and manipulation.
- Focus on social network analysis in the last course.
- Learn the best practices of data visualization.
- Use machine learning to enhance the analysis of data.
Certified Data Science Developer (Global Tech Council)
This data science training course is meant for you if you wish to brush up your python programming skills and learn about the role of machine learning in data analysis. The course also focuses on advanced topics like neural networks and machine learning and R programming. So, basic knowledge of python or a computer background is desirable.
It is a short course but covers most of the essential topics related to data science with its 12 modules and gives the learners a hands-on learning experience on multiple tools like Jupyter Notebooks and Spyder. Once you’re done with the course, you’ll appear for an online exam to get the certification.
Duration: 18 hours
- A structured course that focuses on the fundamentals before moving onto advanced topics.
- Brush up your programming and ML fundamentals.
- Learn everything about data preprocessing and visualization.
MIT Data Science and Statistics Certificate (edX)
It is a series of five data science training courses designed by MIT. It will help the learners get a good grasp over data science, statistics, and machine learning. It also focuses on advanced data analysis techniques and ML algorithms.
By the end of this course, the learners will be in a better position to make better data-driven decisions. It will open doors for multiple job roles including but not limited to data scientist, system analyst, and data analyst.
Duration: 5 courses, 2 to 16 weeks per course
- Strengthen your fundamentals of probability, statistics, and ML.
- Learn ML algorithms and analyze big data to make better sense of given data.
- Helpful instructors to advise on best industry practices.
The world needs millions of data scientists presently. Choose the best data science certification course that meets your requirements and open the doors to a whole new career.